Thursday 4 June 2015

Lingerie Illustrations



This September I will be attending Northumbria University to study Fashion Design & Marketing (hopefully) and I have realised how long it has been since I have designed anything at all, so my illustration skills are average at best.

I've decided to try and get back into designing, starting with lingerie. I love lingerie and adore the Rosie for Autograph collection for Marks and Spencers. I LOVE designing lingerie as it can be so personal, feminine, sexy etc. and I love the materials that can be used: silk, chiffon, lace, cotton.. I'm just a little obsessed.


 




Anyway, using the figure templates from Tamar Daniel's Fashion Sketchpad (which I would recommend to anyone who struggles with drawing figures, available at Waterstones) I started to design a few pieces of lingerie, just to get used to drawing the garments again before going back to (poorly) attempting to draw figures again.

Here are the results:






















First Set:
The designs feature a variety of patterns: spots, stripes and an arched pattern. All these patterns are on a sheer material and contrast against the opaque fabric. I wanted these pieces to be sexy but still give off a romantic aesthetic.

Second Set:
The first two are quite similar and give off a sexy/provocative aesthetic. The high waist knickers feature cut out detailing, as does the bra to show off the figure's body. The body is a snug fit, made to highlight the figure's curves. These pieces are more raunchy in comparison to the last two. The last two are more romantic and have a more relaxed fit. Silk would likely be the material for these pieces. There is also lace detailing on both pieces along the hemline and neckline to provide a vintage and romantic aesthetic.

Think I'm going to have to carry on doing little sets like this until I get used to illustrating again.

Bex x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages