Thursday 9 July 2015

Art Exhibition

Last night was the art and design exhibition at my school. The exhibition displayed work from year 11, 12 and 13 (so they showed the GCSE work as well as AS and A level). This year I have been doing AS level art and I completed my BTEC subsidiary dimploma in fashion and clothing.

I completed two projects for art titled Collections of Everyday Objects and Light, Weather and Landscapes.

For Collections of Everyday Objects, I focused on tools that can be found in sheds and studied artists such as Jim Dine. I worked textiles into this project and experimented a lot with different materials such as fusible foil and a type of fibre that bonded together with the application of heat (I can't remember the name, unfortunately)


 A piece from Jim Dine's Tool Box collection.

For Light, Weather and Landscapes I started by looking at snow, as that was the weather the day I started. However, the snow vanished by the end of that day which is when I started looking at various artists for inspiration. I mainly studied Hiroshi Sugimoto and Gerhard Richter in this project, whose work heavily influenced mine. I produced a set of seascape images and went on to make Sarah West style sculptures featuring tracing paper panels with some of my seascape images printed on.


 Some of Gerhard Richter's seascape images.

I've attached some photos of my work at the exhibition:

Images from my Instagram: rebeccageorginaa


Bex x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages