Tuesday 29 September 2015

First 4 Weeks at University!

Hi everyone,

It's now been just over 4 weeks since I've moved to Jesmond and during those first 4 weeks I've started my fashion design and marketing classes at Northumbria University, managed to drop an industrial sewing machine needle, snap an industrial sewing machine needle, miss my library induction and lose my voice (probably from singing Beyonce to loud in the clubs, but it's Beyonce!), so I guess you can say I'm off to a good start!

'Lemon and ginger tea to try and fix the disaster that is my voice' - Instagram: @rebeccageorginaa
(Lemon and ginger tea courtesy of the lovely French cafe, Les Petits Choux)

I've settled nicely into Jesmond, got to know my flatmates and coursemates and managed to spend entirely too much money on nights out and Dominos pizza (I'm a fresher, that's what I'm supposed to do, right?)

I have also mastered the metro (between Jesmond and Monument - any further is still a complete mystery to me)

A slightly autumnal looking walk on the way to uni this morning

Jesmond Metro Station

The Northumbria School of Design is so nice! The sewing and pattern cutting technicians are lovely - so are the design and illustration tutors and lecturers. The first week of full lessons were (hella) tiring, but well worth it at the same time. I'm learning to use industrial sewing machines (mentioned before in the needle snapping incident), overlockers, pattern cutting techniques etc. 


Images of the pattern cutting studio in the School of Design


The first weeks of university have been fabulous! I've met some amazing people! I've also managed to cook a meal for myself and the flatmates - it actually tasted good!

'Last night at Players and Bonbar' - Instagram: @rebeccageorginaa

My successful sausage stir-fry! It was delicious, I promise!

This week I have a night out with my best friend from home lined up (guaranteed to be a hilarious night, but followed by a full day at uni? not so hilarious) and a visit to Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle to view the Yves Saint Laurent exhibit!

Expect a few pictures from the YSL exhibit,

Bex x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages