Monday 26 October 2015

Time For A Catch Up!

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't really been posting much. Between university, nights out and work I haven't had much time (or life) to blog about!

What's Happening in Classes...

We've recently started the design process, so my life is all concept boards and colour stories right now! My university project is to design and create a capsule collection, featuring a key piece, shirt and outerwear piece, based on engendered fashion. Gender is a huge thing in the news at the moment with the transition of Caitlyn Jenner and her advocate work for the transgender community (I highly recommend watching her 'I Am Cait' series for an inside look at her beginning to work as a advocate and the people she meets along the way, AMAZING!), and Ruby Rose's gender fluidity comment at the recent MTV EMAs as examples, so I am very excited to start this!

I'm planning on designing a unisex collection which follows the concept of women's lingerie (the shape, fabrics and prints) paired with masculine codes and colours. Below are 2 images of which I took inspiration from:


Of course, I took inspiration from Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's collection for M&S, 'Rosie for Autograph' and this beautiful green car!

I'm excited to see how the soft, sultry lace and silk combined with deep greens and rich navy blues. I'll keep you posted with how it all goes!

A Few Nights to Remember...

In the past few weeks I've had.. lets say a few nights out but here are the two that I will definitely remember!

A few Thursdays ago me and three friends went to Nancy's Bordello in Newcastle for the quiz night and even though we didn't win, the night was fantastic - although my chat up line for the interactive round was absolute gold! But the night was also a sad one as it was the last night out I had with Brighton Bryony (the girl with the glasses - and yes, I did just call her Brighton Bryony) before she left! Gutter!


At least we've got a few cute polaroids together to remember the night!

This Tuesday just gone we had a fashion's night out in Bonbar, Newcastle. Everyone from the three fashion courses at Northumbria University (Fashion Design, Fashion Design and Marketing and Fashion Communication) were invited to the VIP section at Jaluminati's Club Cobana event so we could get to meet each other. The night was absolutely brilliant - I even ran into a few friends from high school who are also studying in Newcastle!

One of the many photos from the fashion night out and oh yeah, I got a fringe cut in!


I Best Get Saving...

Well, it sounds like the nights out and endless clothes shopping has come to an abrupt end! Not only have I realised I've been spending way more than I had thought, but it's time to get into the 'every penny counts' frame of mind.

One of the main tutors from my course sent out an email this past week about a trip to New York.. NEW BLOODY YORK! (If I could, there would be a million emojis to celebrate my excitement!) So now I've got to buckle down and start saving asap! The trip is expected to be in March which is only, like, 5 months away! The excitement is real.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

From now until then it will be Welcome to New York and Empire State of Mind on repeat while watching Gossip Girl and Friends. Ahh, the Big Apple!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages